Juxtapoz #173 (June 2015) Ryan McGinness
Juxtapoz #173 has stories on Ryan McGinness, Mike Brodie, Tracey Snelling, REVOK, FAILE, Jane Kim, Cheech Marin, Michelle Guintu, Estudio Primo, de Young Museum, Mike Shine and Vinnie Smith. Read more
We kick off the summer months with some bright lights and bold nights with June 2015 cover artist, Ryan McGinness. The NYC-based artist has his hands in a little bit of everything these days; installation, painting, Instagram-projects, murals, parties, museum shows... he is all over the place with imaginative and conceptual fine art. Carlo McCormick writes our cover story this month and finds meaning in McGinness's world of symbols.
Also featured in May 2015:
- We take a look at the cult-followed Polaroids of Mike Brodie
- Tracey Snelling recreates our universe, only smaller
- REVOK is back in Los Angeles...
- ... while FAILE is right at home in Brooklyn
- Jane Kim gives the mural new meaning
- Cheech Marin tells us the history of his art collection
- Michelle Guintu paints The Wonder Years
- Estudio Primo is ready for primetime...
- ... while the de Young Museum honors the cloth
- Mike Shine pubs and paints through Ireland
...and Vinnie Smith train hops through North America
|Dimensions||9" X 10.5"|